This is very similar to the rear rebuild so I kept this one slightly more brief. Look back at the other rebuilds if you get lost.
- 3mm Hex
- 4mm Hex
- 8mm socket
- 12mm Wrench
- O-ring pick
- Assembly fluid
- Birel / Freeline Front Caliper Rebuild Kit #10.6370.00 (One for each)
- Remove the four screws from the brake pads using a 4mm hex wrench.
- Loosen the brake guide and set it aside. Mine was a 4mm hex bolt with a 8mm nut on one end. My rebuild kit came with the newer pin style so yours may vary. Set the brakes aside to avoid getting brake fluid on the pads.
- Disconnect the brake line using a 12mm wrench.
- Remove the bleed screw using a 3mm hex wrench and drain the fluid.
- Remove all the safety clips and through pins then pull off the brake cylinder.
- Take out the screws holding the springs on using a 4mm hex wrench.
- Next pull the brake arms out of the aluminum casing.
- Disconnect the other safety clips on the arms and pull out the pins.
- Pull the brake cylinder apart and take out the o-rings using a pick.
Now everything that everything is disassembled, clean the parts not included in the rebuild kit and put everything back together in the order it was removed.